Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Cyrus is here!!

So, I'm sure you all know that Cyrus was born on Monday :) I was induced at 9:30 in the morning and Cyrus made is appearance at noon :) Yes, he came VERY fast.....so fast that I didn't even have an epidural! I can't believe I survived. He wanted to come out so bad I was screaming at the nurses that I had to push....they insisted I wait for my Dr. but it wasn't happening. So the midwife on call ran in and said "I can catch if you need me to" so they laid me back and said to go ahead and push. I honestly pushed twice and he came into the world! It was more emotional that with Orion, maybe it's because I actually had to work so hard to get him here. I'm glad that I was able to experiance labor and delivery naturally. My plan was to go as long as I could without the epidural.....so I got to a 6 by myself before I asked for it and by the time I had sat up to get it I was freaking out that I had to push....


I hope that doesn't scare any of you to have kids. My sis in law was in the room when I had him and I think that's she's having 2nd thoughts on having kids :) It is SO worth it though you guys!

Orion is doing SO good. I miss him though, he's still with my inlaws, probably until tomorrow. He adores Cyrus and loves holding him and helping him get his binky.

Cyrus Manuel Guereca

7 lbs 3 oz

19 in.


I'll post some better pics later!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh! He is so cute...and I am totally scared out of my mind to have kids!

Coree Adams said...

Alyssa, he is beautiful! Congratulations!!