Monday, July 14, 2008

Orion's 3rd Birthday!

I cannot believe how fast my baby boy is growing up!! Orion turned 3 on July 9th. We had a small friends party at Chuck E Cheese's after Victor got off work. Orion had a blast and so did all of the adults (it was mostly an adult party.....) together we earned 2,000 tickets! And we stayed until we were kicked out (which was actually an hour after closing time!)

I made Spiderman Cupcakes, with THE BEST recipe ever! I made them coconut with yellow cake mix, coconut pudding and pina colada yogurt. They were a big hit. And yes, I frosted them myself, actually my friend, April, helped with the blue :)

I was super excited to be on my own to make the cake/cupcakes. His other 2 birthday's I've been disappointed because my MiL and SiL INSISTED on getting one (store bought) and I LOVE making and decorating cakes, so I had a lot of fun.

Orion got some great presents, including puzzles (his absolute favorite) and this hilarious Spiderman costume (see pic below), he puts it on and we play Spiderman (he's the "nice" Spiderman and I'm either the "Meanie one" (Venom) or the "Octopus")

Thank you everyone for helping make Orion's Birthday a great one!








7 comments:

Rachel said...

SO CUTE! Those cupcakes are awesome Sissa!

Rachel said...

SO CUTE! Those cupcakes are awesome Sissa!

Bairds said...

I wanted to be there so bad!! It was my dad's big 50th birthday bash and I was stuck at home baking 4 cakes and entertaining old people...give rion a hug and a kiss from me and see you soon! (I'm in WA for the next two weeks, but after that, I think like aug 2, I want to have a pool party! Let me know what you think). And those cupycakes are sweet!

by...K@ Ashcroft said...

Lyss those cupcakes are the BEST! What an adorable little Spidey-man!!!

Holy COW~I can't believe he is 3 already!

Katharine said...

Wow!! They grow up too fast! Can you believe that Kayl will be one in October? I will definatly being needing your help with that!! Luvs!!

Coree Adams said...

Happy bday buddy, nice job on the cuppy cakes!

Anonymous said...

The cupcakes are SO cute!! :) So, can you send me the recipe Pretty please??? :)