Friday, December 14, 2007

I Officially Hate the Snow....

well, hate is a strong word. Snow is very pretty and I don't mind it as long as we don't have to drive in it. So anyway, we were coming home from WalMart last night and it wasn't snowing alot, but it was really cold so it made the roads very, very slick. The traffic was very stop and go on State Street and we hit a little slippery spot going like 2 miles an hour........so as Victor (he is an awesome snow driver) got control of the car (I totally thought we were going to get mauled by the semi to the side of us) we were hit from behind. We weren't hit very hard so the air bags didn't go off of anything, but it still was scary. Orion was such a big boy and was slightly concerned about being hit but didn't cry.

So we and the car that hit us pulled into an empty parking lot conveniently right there. Just as we were off State St. there was a pretty big head on collision. Ambulances and road flares the whole bit.....so I guess we were lucky to be out of the way.

There is almost no damage to our car, a few scratches where his license plate obviously hit. But it turns out that he know he was going to hit us because he was sliding too.

Haha, so it turns out that as they are chatting about insurance or what not, they figure out that the guys car (he was driving his girlfriends car) is at Steve's shop (where victor works) and has been there being worked on for awhile. So we made some new friends out of this frightening experience......

3 comments:

Coree Adams said...

Awww I'm glad you guys are ok!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you guys are safe! :) P.S. Congrats on Cyrus!!

Erin Tarwater said...

Yikes, I'm glad you are ok!! Car accidents are scary, I hate the sound of them. Good luck Monday!