Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My First Homemade Halloween Costume.....

....not including that time that Roo and I made bellbottom pants in 6th grade without a pattern....

So what do you think?? I didn't paint his face because it was a family Halloween party and he was just going to be running around playing with kids. He didn't even want to settle down for these pictures, can you tell by his sympathy smile?

He also has some Skeleton hand gloves that make it better! I couldn't get him to keep them on for the picture though!

For those of you that don't know, this has been one of my favorite movies since I was very young, yes, even before if because a "cult classic" (ask my dad if you don't believe me, I'm positive it was him who started it). My friend April didn't believe me that this was ALL ORION'S idea. He started walking around the house singing, "I'm JACK the Pumpkin King" and then he said one day, "Mom, I be Jack the Pumpkin King for Halloween" and I said, "I thought you were going to be Thomas the Train?" and he said, "NO, I be JACK the Skeh-eh-en". So, I couldn't argue with him, and we went to DI to look for stuff for it. I told Victor I wouldn't tell anyone, but the pants are from Limited too (from DI, but from that store originally), I couldn't find any pants in the boys section that were tight enough to look like Jack's, plus they were only $2 :) The suit (it has pants, he's not wearing them) I got from the local kids consignment shop. It was $9....I little more that I expected to pay, but DI and Savers didn't have any his size. But, he is also going to be in Jeff and Courtney's wedding as the Ring Bearer, so maybe he can wear it for that too.

And, yes, I made Zero too. He doubles as a Trick or Treat bag :)

Total cost: $15 (including new church shoes he already needed)

6 comments:

the reilly's said...

that is too cute!!! i still can't get over the whole craigslist dresser thing that was too funny

Bairds said...

Look at you go!! I can't believe it, Orion is so funny :)

Coree Adams said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww so cute! Way to go cuz!!

by...K@ Ashcroft said...

I am so proud of you! That is completely AWESOME!!!!

Rachel said...

That looks amazing! I love Jack! He is my hero!

Roo said...

Looks like you were able to get access to the photos. Yay! He looked freaking sweet. I LOVE Halloween!