I am overly excited about my book coming in the mail tomorrow. I never really liked reading until I secretly picked up the first HP book the summer before my sophomore year. I had made fun of all my friends for I guess, "jumping on the bandwagon" and reading the books. The only other long book I had read by myself was The Hobbit (a favorite of my dad's). I guess I started reading to escape life. I was going through a hard time in my life when I started reading that first book I realized how far away reading can take you. I read all of the Harry Potter books that summer, well the four that were out at the time and I loved it. I loved that I felt as if reality slipped away more everytime I turned a page. And now that the last book is coming out it's kind of bittersweet. I want to know if Harry can fight the evil and make the wizarding world safe again, but at the same time I don't want it to end......hopefully I will feel at peace at the end of this book so I won't have to throw it across the room like I did after I read the last two books :)
I don't call myself obsessed, I've never been to a midnight release party, (although my mom wanted to take me when the 5th came out, but we were too tired) I've never stood in line for opening day movie tickets, in fact, I haven't seen this last one that came out, and the 4th one I didn't see until it was released on DVD. And I can proudly say I've never dressed up as one of the characters for Halloween. I'm just a fan, who loves to escape to the wizarding world every now and then.
This may be my last blog until I get home from California on the 29th, we're going to Disneyland with my mom, stepdad and brothers. I promise to take lots of pictures!
Until next time...
1 comment:
OMG Alyssa you HAVE to watch the whole movie!! That's your homework...you have to rent it or borrow it or something in the next couple of weeks, you will love it!
Post a Comment