Yeah, this is a few days late.....oops :)
I'm trying to think of something I can post about that I already have pictures to go with.....I know I'm lazy, I just don't feel like scanning anything at the moment.
So.....my memory will be about my friends, which we refer to as "The Lucky 7". Most of us met towards the end of elementary school, but we didn't form our group until right after 8th grade (7th grade for 2 of the girls).
We consist of (oldest to youngest) Me, Kayleee (yes, there are 3 e's ;), April, Roux, Abby, Jessyka and M. Rachel.
We have been through so much together, good and bad. I must say that we do some very unconventional things such as; going on Jackalope hunts in the winter, sledding at the Jr. High (we like to use old carpet), taking old couches to the pit (grassy field by Roux and Jess's houses) and just sitting there and smiling when people point and laugh, attend Roux's family Halloween party religiously, make weird movies, adventures to Lake Powell, and much, much more!
Here are some pictures illustrating our lives together.....

Rachel's Quilt we made (we made everyone one on their 16th b-day, Rachel got hers on her 14th)

The Couch in the Pit (l to r; Jess, Me, Roux, Abby (on ground), Rachel, April and Kayleee)

Sleepover at the Sheridan Hotel, these are the quilts we made for eachother.
Jess's Birthday party one year (prob. 16th)

Our annual Christmas Gift exchange, I look so hot because I'm pregnant :)
This is the most recent picture I have. It was taken at Roux's Birthday party this last June. Out of the original 7 we are only missing Kaylee (who besides me is the only one married and lives in Idaho most of the time). The other girl in the picture is Marissa, we took her in in high school, so she wasn't around when we made our little group, but she really is part of the Lucky 7. We were lucky to have Rachel (in the sunglasses) here for this party because she's the one we're usually missing, she's been going to school/playing softball at a college in Kansas. And other than Kayleee in Idaho and Rachel in Kansas were all still in the Orem/Provo area still!! And yet, we only see eachother (as a group) like twice a year!!! Growing up is hard, but I'm glad to have such a good group of girls behind me watching my back. Love you girls!!!!!
3 comments:
Awww what a great memory! Friends are so important.
cool. You are so lucky to have that many friends that all still stay in contact!
oh how fun!!!That is awesome to still be in contact with your hs friends!!!
Post a Comment