Friday, October 5, 2007

Shots

So, I got my Rhogam shot today (for my Rh- blood disease from Gramma Mac). I usually don't mind shots and needles, but this shot really hurts!!! It's one of those burning shots where the medicine burns going in. And then.....well, the shot has to go in the hip, I'm not sure why, but it feels like there is a huge bruise across my back now, I hope it goes away soon because it's very unpleasant.

I don't know if any of you know much about this disease. I knew what it was because of my Nursing classes in high school, but never really knew the extent of it. I didn't even know that I had it until I was pregnant with Orion. It's kind of a complicated thing.....I don't understand it quite all the way. But when I found out that I was Rh-, my dad told me what Gramma Mac had to go through before they invented this Rhogam shot. I guess a few of my dad's brothers and sisters (I can't remember whom) had to have blood transfusions as babies because they developed Rhesus diesease, that's caused by the mother if her Rh- blood has developed antibodies against Rh+ blood.......but just getting this shot at 28 weeks and another if the baby has Rh+ blood will make my blood not develop antibodies.......like I said confusing.

But my back still hurts......

Oh, I'm going to my mom's again for the week, so I'm not sure how many posts I will make.

3 comments:

Coree Adams said...

yes of course you can be added...what's your email???

Coree Adams said...

I hate shots!!!

Guereca Family said...

alyssa_guereca@hotmail.com